Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Literary Tuesday

Instead of a poem or book excerpt this week, this week I am posting one verse.

In my church group last week part of the lesson was about worrying. 
In the video we watched (God Is Closer Than You Think, John Ortberg) the
speaker offered this: if you can worry, you can meditate. 

So a few of us challenged each other to find a passage or verse and meditate
throughout the week whenever we were tempted to worry. 

I picked one of my favorites and have paired it here with another of faves - sunsets.

(These were all taken over the past few years from my back porch.)


 “The LORD your God is with you,

he is mighty to save.


He will take great delight in you,


he will quiet you with his love,



he will rejoice over you with singing.”

~ Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment