Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Days 87-92 - 3/27/12-4/1/12 Slow Your Breath Down

It was kind of an off week! 
I wasn't feeling like being creative, reading, taking inspired pictures, being awake.
I missed sunshine.
Thankfully the week ended on a high note!

Day 87 - 3/27/12
I was very confused most of the day apparently!  After work I got busy cleaning and doing laundry and at 10 pm I took a break to go downstairs and watch Castle (anyone else a Nathan Fillion fan??), only to realize 5 inutes later that it was not Castle.  It was not even a Monday!  Bummer.

I panicked around midnight when I realized I hadn't taken a picture yet.  The only thing I could think of was the calendar...because it was right in front of me. But that picture is not the picture you see above!  I turned off my camera and headed back to bed only to realize for the 37th billion time that day that it was in fact Tuesday, the 27th and I had snapped the 26th!
  
I know, what an exciting life I do lead :)

Day 88 - 3/28/12
I was determined to take advantage of the lovely sunshine and put on
my best walking clothes and new socks and prepared to head out the door. 

And then it started pouring rain.
And then it was sunny again.
I was confused for the second day in a row! 
Do I walk, do I not walk?  What's a little rain?  Should I let that stop me?

Should I be talking to myself?

I ate my dinner whilst waffling between heading out or not, when it started raining again. 
Ha!  No walk for me! 

Day 89 - 3/29/30
I was in a bad mood and apparently the weather was in a bad mood, too!  These trees were doing their best to frown in the wind...until I got my camera out, then they stood up mostly straight. 
But I rather enjoyed the gloomy night sky.  It seemed fitting.


Day 90 - 3/30/12
Mood turning around! 
Today we headed off for our family cabin in Leavenworth!  My sister, Melita, and our friends Courtney and Cassie and I braved what we assumed would be less-than-desireable road conditions on Stevens Pass to get there, and we had a marvelous time laughing, singing, talking to birds, singing about "chipos," playing MASH and stopping to get food for the whole group.
Here's Melita with the "most beautiful bottle ever" of Balsamic something-or-other.

The pass was beautiful - wet and bare.


Day 91 - 3/31/12
Last day of March.
In like a lion, out like...another lion.
Or a fluffy white, frozen lamb.
This is Fergus, the Toyota Highlander.
 He and Courtney made the drive over a breeze.
It was a beautiful, relaxing day.
I loved watching the snow fall all morning and
not-so-secretely hoped we'd get snowed in until Monday.
The rest of our group arrived late the night before. 
You can't see their vehicles because they got stuck at the entrance of the driveway. 
But not Fergus! 
The day was spent Saturday was spent eating, playing games, watching movies,
eating more, doing our Bible study sessions, napping and enjoying the lovely view.
Simply marvelous!
There's a cabin tradition of hiding a plastic elephant somewhere in the cabin,
with at least part of it visible.
The last group that hid it was very clever indeed.
See it?

Brilliant!

Day 92 - 4/1/12
Home again, home again. 
I was sad to leave the sunny skies of Leavenworth for what I was sure would be the gray skies of Seattle, but apart from some snow and rain on the drive over the pass, it was lovely on both sides of the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment