Friday, April 6, 2012

Family Friday 12 & 13

Today's (and make-up for last week's) Friday Family prints are...

Susan and Emily!

Auntie and niece.

 
 Auntie Sue, my aunt and Emily's aunt, is like another mother to just about every child in our family.  I can't really think of an exception...

I have a treasure trove of memories of times spent with her and at their house - endless work on a large variety of craft projects, making family videos, playing with her daughters, being quiet while my cousins napped, hot-glueing glass rocks to Amy's ceiling around a painted sky (did we really do that??!), even living there for a few months years ago.

She made it all fun and exciting and warm and comfortable. 

She even let me watch Anne of Green Gables over and over and over again.

I remember her telling me she prayed for me when I had my first real interview for what ended up being my first real job at Eddie Bauer, knowing that I'd be stressed out, and it was one of the times that sticks out in my memory of  being a time when I was acutely aware of God's direction in my life.  Even though that job only lasted 6 months! :)  To me, it meant a lot.
 There are too many good things to say about Susan, so I'll stop before I get all teary-eyed.


Emily Susan!
(Funny, until now I forgot they share a name.  I didn't plan it that way for this week.)

Emily is a sweetheart. 

I'm enjoying every moment of working with her this year and am encouraged and delighted every time she steps into my office for a chat.  (Not that that happens every day - we do serious work here! :))

She's such a great source of encouragement.
 I also have so many hilarious memories of times spent with her at her old house/my new house.  Along with her sisters we had indoor picnics, adventures in hair-cutting, Disney dance parties, watched too many movies, painted many rooms, made strange art, and enjoyed (more or less) a whole host of other random activities. 

Emily has an amazing, really gorgeous, singing voice and I can't wait to see what her future holds. It's going to be great!

1 comment: