Friday, November 9, 2012

A bee and a box

I ran out of time to post yesterday, so how about two crafts today? 
 
A day or two before my trip to England I decided I needed to have a
yellow bracelet to go with my new yellow and white striped scarf.  So I
decided to make these sparkly things:

One friend was astonished considering my terror of bees,
but I can handle one as a charm.
I ended up wearing them several times on the trip and was happy
I took the time to make them.
 
 
Now for a very cool craft!
My sister is working on a piece of tromp l'oeil that is amazing.  She's letting me put up
pictures of it even though it's still a work in progress. 
See the box with the letter on it? 
 
That letter is not real.  She's in the process of painting on the envelope.  
I'll have to post pictures again once it's complete.
 
 
The addresses are not real (I don't think), but inspired by real places. 
I love the detail around the stamp!
 
 
What do you think?  Pretty realistic?
 
Happy crafting!









1 comment:

  1. That close-up of the bee is so clear!

    And tell Melita - that's amazing! I LOVE tromp l'oeil!

    ReplyDelete