Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving...and a napkin folding tutorial

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. 
I did.  I ate too much, enjoyed time with family, and had so much fun setting the tables!
 
I put these vases to work.
 
After playing around a bit.
 
 
We'd hosted our traditional Friends Thanksgiving the weekend before and used these
sames jars, but I'd chosen mainly yellow and white flowers so the pretty colors
of jars would be highlighted. I think I like the extra color better.
 
I think they all looked nice throughout my parent's house and on the tables.
 
This is the "grown-ups" table.  They get the real silver.
(See Melita?)
 
I love these guys!
 
Warren helped me fold the napkins.
I think he also borrowed my camera. 
At least I don't remember taking this picture:
 
 Want to know how we did it?
 
Step 1 - Fold napkin in half diagonally, making a triangle/pyramid.  Sorry, I didn't take a picture! 
(They're all blurry on this post, so maybe it's for the best!)
 
Step 2 - fold each bottom corner up to the top of the triangle.
 It should now look like this:
 
Step 3 - Fold the bottom point almost to the top.
 
Step 4 - Fold the top of that point down, like so.
 
Step 5 - Flip over.
 
Step 6 - Fold the sides in so they overlap. 
See how the fold on the bottom of the side looks like a little pocket?...
 
 Step 7 - ...Stuff one side into that pocket.
 
Step 8 - Flip over and...
 fold the sides down, like this:
 Complete!
 
And now you have your very own napkin army.
 
Here they were on the "kids" table.
 
Time to eat!
 

Happy Thanksgiving!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment