Friday, March 9, 2012

Family Friday 8 & 9

I've printed two subjects again for Family Friday to make up for last week. 

Today's prints are of....
Lorraine and Sarah!
Purple was the perfect color choice for them because it is the color of royalty. 
"Lorraine" can mean "Queen" and "Sarah" means "Princess."
Pefect, no?
Auntie Lorraine and family lived in the town where I went to college for two years in
Kansas and they welcomed me and made me feel at home.  Which was probably difficult
because the day my parents left I was sobbing.  Seriously sobbing.  Plus I think I was extra
on edge as that may have been the same day, or the day after the one-and-only time I fainted.
Good times!
She also introduced me to the Main Street Deli which became a favorite college-time eatery.
Lorraine is very talented - she quilts, tats and gardents and much more - and I love how she encourages me, and other cousins, to express our talents!

Sarah, lovely Sarah, I must first admit to not knowing as well as I should, having lived so far from them!  But she is also very talented, as can be seen by much photographic evidence on Facebook. 
She has grown so much since the days I lived in Kansas and it's wonderful to see her start this new chapter in her life as a wife and excellent young woman. 
My sister and I enjoyed hosting her apron-themed bridal shower at Happiness Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment