Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Literary Tuesday

The sweet little poem I chose for this week is one of my favorites. I think it would be lovely screen printed on a pillow.  Hmm...

It is by Edna St. Vincent Millay.  I remember choosing to do a report in high school on the writer purely because I thought her name was cool.

The pictures were taken by my sister and me on two separate trips to one of the places I love best in this world - Whidbey Island.


Afternoon on a Hill


I will be the gladdest thing
  Under the sun!


I will touch a hundred flowers
  And not pick one.


I will look at cliffs and clouds
  With quiet eyes,


Watch the wind bow down the grass,
  And the grass rise.


And when lights begin to show
  Up from the town,


I will mark which must be mine,
  And then start down!


~Edna St. Vincent Millay

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet poem. I love it! It's so great with the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete