Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 74 - 3/14/12 Common Threads

After a few weeks of feeling uninspired creatively, I got busy
last night spiffing up a plain white dish towel.
 I love the blue of the pre-mixed photo emulsion!
Before:
 After:
 The quote on the screen is from a conversation from The Vicar of Dibley between vicar Geraldine Granger and her rather scatter-brained verger, Alice Tinker.
I think it's perfect on a kitchen accessory! 
I modified it a bit to make it fit the screen. 
(I've posted it at the end, below if you cannot read it here.)
 Trying to find a color close enough to yellow (since the quote's about butter!) that's
still dark enough to read.  I settled on a nice orange-y yellow.
 I saw after that I didn't tape off enough and got a nice little orange stripe on the
left side, but, that's how it goes!  



Alice Tinker: You know that stuff that they're selling now at the local shop?
Geraldine Granger: Which stuff?  
AT: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.  
GG: Oh, yeah.  
AT: Well, you know, I can't believe it's not butter.  
GG: Yeah, well, I believe that is the idea.  
AT: Then yesterday I went to Kirkenden and I bought this other stuff, like a sort of home brand, you know.  
GG: Yes?  
AT: And, you know, I can't believe it's not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.  
GG: Mmmm?  [pause 
GG: I'm losing you now.  
AT: Oh, right. Well, you know I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?  
GG: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you think it is butter.  
AT: No, no. I mean, you know the stuff that I can't believe is not butter is called I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?  
GG: Probably, yeah, yeah.  
AT: Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. And I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. And I believe... they both might be butter... in a cunning disguise. And, in fact, there's a lot more butter around than we all thought there was.  
GG: Yeah.  You see, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm sure God does and is intrigued by the whole thing.

1 comment: