Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Days 108 - 114 Supermassive Black Hole

That must be where all the photographs I took must have gone - to a black hole.
That, or maybe I didn't actually take many.
I think it's probably the latter.
I really hit a slump when it came to taking pictures this past week.  I did manage to go on several long walks/jogs, do fun things with friends and read a lot, but mainly I didn't feel like doing much and I didn't take many pictures.
As this is my blog, I gave myself permission to not worry about it!
Except that I did worry about it. 
But I'm over it now!

Day 108 or 109 (I cannot remember now) I finished Mockingjay. 
After feeling a little put off by the movie, I have to say that I really enjoyed reading the books.
I even may go see The Hunger Games again, now that my sister has completed the first in the series.
I haven't decided what to read next, apart from required reading for my church group, but I'm thinking about starting Frankenstein.  I think I'm also going to copy my lovely cousin Lois' blog and make a 100 greatest books challenge page.  Why not?
Speaking of Lois, I'm loving her Lois in London blog!  Her latest posts have been about her adventures in Haworth, Bronte territory.  I'm itching to go!

Day 108 there was a cool cloud pattern in the sky that morning.  Most of the pictures turned out a little blurry, but I think you can get the picture (haha).

Days 109-110 I missed completely.  I do remember that I did not do laundry and lived to regret it!

 Day 111 I went to a movie, rather spur of the moment, and took a picture of the ticket. 
Here it is, placed just-so on top of my wallet. 
Now, you may be asking yourself, is this interesting? 
Well, it would have been if you were at QFC with me the following day as a very
nice man was scanning all the items I intended to purchase. 
I was frantically trying to figure out why my wallet was not in my purse and then 
remembered I'd taken it out to take this picture the night before.
That was not at all embarrassing.
But all in all Saturday was a marvelous day.
I went on a very nice, very long walk/jog, and managed to put the tiniest dent
into clearing out last year's plants and weeds from my garden.  I have my work cut out for me:
Then most of the ladies of my church group came over and we had a girl's night, starting with chocolate and cheese fondues and ending with relaxing in a hot tub.

Day 113, Sunday, was a day for church and rest.  
A lot of rest. 
I enjoyed a four hour nap in the middle of the hottest, sunniest day of the year thus far.  Perhaps it was a waste, but I think I needed to catch up on my sleep.

Day 114 was another happy, sunny day! 
Two of my very dearest friends came over for the first BBQ of the season at Happiness Hill.
I stuffed myself and it was wonderful.
And the day ended with kitty sleeping on my lap while I was watching Frasier.
Not a bad day at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment