Friday, April 13, 2012

Family Friday 14

Welcome to Family Friday!

Today we have....

Amy!


Okay, the pose may look a little strange, so let me explain -
this was from a picture at one of our cousin dance parties!
She's dancing!
Because she's cool like that.

Amy is so good about thinking of new and exciting events for all the cousins. 
And putting them together.
Some of our events have included a tie dye party,
cousin prom,
a science party,
a Firefly viewing marathon,
making videos incorporating fruits and veggies,
a Star Wars party (I was so sad to miss that one!),
a Whoville dance party,
watching all three extended version of The Lord of the Rings in one day,
two parties in different parks,
and most recently
a Bob Ross party.

Amy is bold and courageous and lovely and effortlessly cool and so much fun.
I have many memories linked with her and our sisters, Melita and Lori, such as playing Gem and the Holograms outdoors as kids, fighting over whether we should watch Robin Hood (again) or Anne of Green Gables (again), making all sorts of crafts, singing endlessly in the rear window-facing seat of her parent's yellow station wagon, making twisted versions of beloved fairy tales and years later editing them and putting them onto DVD, playing at the school across the street, embarking on the best road trips of my life, relaxing and hiking at the cabin, playing Speed Scrabble, making faces after eating the sour grass on Whidbey Island, watching countless movies, playing with/baby-sitting/creatively conspring with younger cousins and painting more rooms than I'd care to admit!
(Which reminds me - want to help me paint my office, Amy?  Just kidding.  Or not.)

We also went to New Orleans on a Habitat for Humanity trip about a year and a half after Hurricane Katrina.  That was an experience I don't think I'll ever forget.
Amy is also the person that taught me to screen print in the first place!
She's a great friend and a wonderful cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment