Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello!

And Happy New Year! 

Welcome to my new blog.  It is called "Happiness Hill" in honor of the house I share with my sister and roommate.  It is a green, two-story dwelling in a quiet neighborhood on a hill, complete with kind neighbors and a pond filled with sweet baby ducklings in the spring.  The pond, in turn, overlooks a trailer park and is near a noisy street, but the view of amazing sunsets in the evening more than make up for any shortfalls.

Our home is a creative space filled with color, life, music and crafts.  And lots of laughter. And a mess or two.  Or three.  Okay, I'll be honest, it can be a disaster zone.  But, much like our view, what's gained at the end of the day is worth the messiness and clutter in the meantime.  Creating beauty out of blah, gorgeousness out of junk, pattern out of chaos, putting pen to paper and dreaming of future projects are a passion. And our home reflects all of these, from one degree to another.

My theme this year is hope, even though I'm not fully sure what that will entail.  (My hope of having 365 good hair days in 2012 has already gone up in flames - not literally, thank God!)  But I'm feeling quite optimistic and am ready to get started!

So welcome, 2012!  Welcome, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment