Friday, May 25, 2012

Days 139 - 145 When I Grow Up

I think I did it!  I managed to take a picture every day this past week.  Yay me!
 
What I did not manage to do was make a Family Friday print.
Fortunately I think I still have more Fridays left in the year than family members.
I should probably also try to work on posting more frequently (notice the "try to"?  Now I can still occastionally let myself off the hook!  Like when I'm out of town this weekend...)

Day 139
At a movie.  Such a bold carpet choice!


Day 140
 I took a mixed media metals class with a friend and her mom this Saturday.  It was great fun! 
We sounded like a bunch of miners in a cave.  Well, maybe cartoon miners.  Our hammering produced more tinkly and musical sounds than those of real work.  Plus at one point my friend and I sang "Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off to Work We Go" and I'm guessing real miners don't sing at work? I don't remember the miners them doing that in Billy Elliot or Brassed Off.  Or even Zoolander... (Yes, I do get all of my information from movies, thank you very much!)  And they probably aren't down there making jewelry.

Some practice is necessary, but I look forward to it!


Day 141
Two friends and I planned to go the amazing Maltby Cafe after church, but alas, the wait would have been an hour. Inconceivable!  I, for one, was not prepared to wait that long as I'd not eaten breakfast.  We drove up to Marysville for a buffet lunch and shopping at the outlet mall.  All I bought was food, but as I had to shell out major bucks for a car repair last week, I think that was definitely for the best.

After the sunny weekends we've been enjoying, I was a little bummed for it to be cold and rainy, but it doesn't seem to bother these little guys:
(Doesn't his (or her?) shell look like someone painted it?)

Does anyone else count the slugs when they go out walking on a wet, rainy day?
Uhh, ....me neither.
 (If I did, I'd say my record was 170 slugs on one walk.)


Day 142
ADIDADL&CMB

(All Day I Dreamed About Doing Laundry and Cleaning My Bathroom)
Let's just say it had been a while and, sadly, I thought about it a good portion of the day.  Mostly trying to psyche myself up so I wouldn't find an excuse not to do it once home.  And it worked!

I like to sort out my closet by color.  I find it pleasing.  I also find that I forget how many items of clothing I own until I have to fold them all/hang them all up.  Time for a thorough spring cleaning!


Day 143
First signs of growth of the seeds I'd planted last week!  I believe these are spinach.
I was up until 1 am cleaning, doing laundry, printing a t-shirt and something else...oh, making maple-mustard chicken.  The chicken was quite yummy!


Day 144
After being so productive early in the week, my Wednesday was almost completely unproductive (outside of work).  I took these pics, then plopped on the couch and did not move for hours.  (As an aside, thank you KBTC for re-airing As Time Goes By in the evenings.  Love that show!)

Fortunately my little plants are not couch potatoes. 

This rock isn't growing, but I'd not noticed it before.  Isn't it pretty?

Here's the swiss chard.  I could barely find any the night before.  Hooray!


Day 145
7 pm meeting at Greenlake for an upcoming Ragnar Relay (I'm majorly freaking out about that, but I'm sure I'll share more in a later post).  It was very pretty, but very cold!

I'm off to pack, buy gas (gulp!) and then hit the road.
Have a marvelous Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment