Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Today I am thankful for....

...being crutch-free!
During last year's Super Bowl my ankle looked like this after an unfortunate trampoline accident: (sorry for both the icky nature and the blurriness of these photos!)

One year ago tomorrow (or maybe it was the day after), I got my first-ever cast.  At least the my first as far as I know.   
A tiny piece of the bone had broken off, which is apparently no big deal, but I'd badly sprained both sides of my ankle which was a bigger deal.  And that meant no walking on it or moving it for six weeks. 
Six very long weeks.
And 42 extremely frustrating showers!
My sister was amazing and helped out so much.
It's nice to not be dealing with that right now, minor though it was.

Moral of the story:  Be careful on those trampolines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment