Thursday, August 9, 2012

Days 210 - 220 Slow and Steady

It's August!  I've been doing almost nothing but going to work and then
going home to watch the Olympics.  It's exhausting.

So exhausting that I've not taken many pictures!

So exhausting that I've not been able to eat like a grownup. 
Well, I have been able, I've just not been motivated! 
I made myself Alphabetti Spaghetti the other day.  Isn't that classy?!

All I could think of was Rimmer, the whole time it was cooking. 
Any Red Dwarf fans out there?

There was a beautiful sunset that I enjoyed during the commercial breaks.
Goodness, that's embarrassing to even type!

Sunday was definitely a day for rest.
 She napped on the couch, on the coffee table, on the floor, on the deck,
under my bed, in front of the fan and probably more.
She doesn't judge my dinner choices.
 She kept me company while I finished a fantastic book:
It took me a very, very long time to get through it (commercial breaks during the Olympics are both so long and yet so short!), but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and recommend it, especially if you're curious about the things around you.  Lois would write a much better review, so I'll spare you mine, but it made me feel extremely grateful to be alive now!

This is from the preface, which I found here
Houses are amazingly complex repositories. What I found, to my great surprise, is that whatever happens in the world--whatever is discovered or created or bitterly fought over--eventually ends up, in one way or another, in your house. Wars, famines, the Industrial Revolution, the Enlightenment--they are all there in your sofas and chests of drawers, tucked into the folds of your curtains, in the downy softness of your pillows, in the paint of your walls and the water of your pipes. So the history of household life isn't just a history of beds and sofas and kitchen stoves, as I had vaguely supposed it would be, but of scurvy and guano and the Eiffel Tower and bedbugs and body-snatching and just about everything else that has ever happened. Houses aren't refuges from history. They are where history ends up.

Curious??

Well, that's about it for now.  I'm headed home to watch more of the Games!

1 comment: