Thursday, July 12, 2012

Days 163 - 193 Long Way to Go

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted!
I'd planned to step it up a bit in July and post more often, but considering we're almost halfway through the month, things aren't looking so good.  I have taken pictures here and there, so let's see what I've been up to...

My cat has been enjoying the warmer weather.  She rolls around in the dirt a lot.  I guess that's nice for her?  I was trying to catch her unaware from behind the curtain, but I guess she's more attuned to her surroundings than I'd guessed.

She's always especially aware when the neighbor cat comes over to terrorize her.  I feel bad that she's afraid/angry, but oh my, it's funny. Unless you're suddenly awoken from a nap by cat-screaming.  Then it's just annoying.
 
 

My garden was coming along quite nicely a few weeks ago. 
This rose I was sure was dead after I transplanted it last summer, but hooray, it lives!




Day 169 Father's Day
All our plans were spoiled by rain, so we went bowling instead.  Can you guess who's who?

I don't know what day this was taken, but it surprised us all to see sunshine, I'm sure.
 Must go investigate!

Actually, now I remember what day I took the pics above -  Day 170.  The following day,  Day 171, was Trevor's birthday.  Happy 29th, Trev! 
We ended up doing things a little backwards and lit the candles after we'd cut the dessert.  We're crazy that way sometimes.  Rather unintentionally.



Day 173-176 Amanda's Bachelorette Weekend
A few friends went to the cabin in Leavnworth for a fun-filled bachelorette weekend before my friend Amanda's wedding. Coco, Melita and I drove over late Thursday night and had fun relaxing and decorating for the weekend before the Rachel, Amanda, Brittany and baby Capri arrived on Friday.







 (Melita's doing a decorating dance!)

Friday, after all had arrived, we celebrated with a chili dinner, a wedding-themed movie and a toast.  Saturday we went into Leavenworth for mini golf, then to Peshastin for a wine tasting.

Mini golf was fun.  Cold and gray, then blue-skied and burning.  I did very poorly, but the course is so cute that I didn't mind.  Much.



There are even goats!

 Capri was a champ!  So sweet and happy.

The cabin at the Icicle Ridge Winery is amazing.

Day 186
Happy Independance Day!
Fun with sparklers:







Day 188
Two wonderful friends and I hiked to Rattlesnake Ledge on a gloriously warm and sunny summer day.  It's a lovely, smooth trail, just under 2 miles.  It's best to go early to avoid the crowds!



But just try to avoid these guys - they're fearless!



We hiked to that lovely rock, in the center of this picture:


From below.

Then we stopped here:
to get ourselves each one of these:
Yum!


Day 189-190
Saturday morning was Jet and Amanda's wedding.  I tried not to think too much about taking pictures and just enjoyed the wedding.  I did take a picture of my food, though!
It was a beautiful wedding on a perfect day.

After the wedding Melita and I headed back to the cabin for a fun-filled cousin weeked.
When we arrived they were bleaching t-shirts. 
Here's Dean's before...

And Andrew's after:

You can see Lori's pics here and here.  I love them!



Sunday morning Amy, Kiri and I went for a nice long 9 mile run/walk/hike.
The views were stunning and this time, unlike in May, I was able to enjoy them as I could still breathe.  Hooray for practicing running up hills!
It looks nice and cool, but it was very hot.  It was supposed to have reached 100 that day, but I didn't check to see if it did.  But it certainly felt like it.




I love the BB gun targets in the field:





The cabin weekend ended all too soon, and then it was back to the real world of traffic, water heaters breaking down and getting up early for work.  But before that we stopped at Deception Falls off of Hwy 2.  After all these years this was my first time stopping there.  I'd never realized it was so pretty and so close to the freeway.  It the shortest little trail and you get to cross over the freezing water on this bridge.  It felt so good on that hot day.




So pretty!

1 comment: